The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) is the voice of the planning profession. We are a charity registered with 2,200 members in Scotland and 23,000 worldwide. We work to advance the art and science of planning for the public benefit. Good planning is crucial to creating great places for people – planners work to manage our space, resources and environment to help shape the future. Our work involves promoting good planning; developing and shaping policy affecting the built environment; consistently raising the standards of the planning profession; supporting our members through continued professional development; and education and training for future planners.
RTPI Scotland specifcally aims to:
• lead thinking on how to create great places for people
• support our Members to develop their skills
• manage our knowledge and share it with Members and stakeholders
• broker dialogue and action amongst key influencers on planning issues
• provide and demonstrate value to members